Help / FAQ ~ Android
If you have purchased the Pro-Version on the Google Play Store and your subscription is not automatically unlocked, please follow these steps to reactivate it:
- Visit https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions and make sure your subscription is still active.
If not: make sure you are logged in with the correct Google account.
- Open The Mantrailing App and select ‘Unlock Pro‘ from the apps menu.
- Tap the blue ‘Unlock’ button at the bottom and follow the instructions using the Google account with the active subscription. Google will detect your active subscription and unlock it without extra payment.
Note: At the moment it is not possible to use a subscription purchased on the App Store on your Android device. You have to start a new subscription on your Android device.
Please don’t forget to cancel your App Store subscription if you do not need it anymore.
Many inaccurate recording problems can be attributed to the signal reception in the area you are located and the different hardware built into your smartphone. However, if the recording is frequently inaccurate, you can take the following steps to optimize accuracy:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed from the Google Play Store.
- Set the correct time zone in your device:
- Open the settings of your device.
- Navigate to “Date and time”. Make sure that ‘Use network time zone’ or ‘Automatic time zone’ is enabled.
An incorrect time zone can cause problems in finding the GPS signal.
- Make sure that the GPS on your phone is active:
- Open the settings of your device.
- Select Location
- Depending on your device and Android version you can choose from different options. Please choose the option ‘High accuracy’. This allows your phone to track you using GPS and networks.
Some devices also offer options like ‘Google location accuracy’. If you select these options you can improve the accuracy even more.
- Allow The Mantrailing App to access your location
- Open the device settings
- Select Apps
- Search for The Mantrailing App in the list and check that the app has access to your location. (Depending on your device and Android version, different access permissions are possible)
- Disable the power saving mode on your device and the battery optimization for The Mantrailing App. Depending on your device and Android version, the optimisation of your battery life may stop the app or decrease the GPS accuracy. We would like to take this opportunity to point out a good guide from Runtastic that can help you with this step: Help for GPS Problems on Android Phones
- If the points above did not help, please try the following steps:
- Restart your smartphone.
- Open Google Maps for a few seconds until a location is found. Open The Mantrailing App.
• Record up to 5 dog trails and save them with additional data
• Automatically load and save weather data
• Record, save and share runner trails
• Export you trails to Mail, Dropbox, etc.
• Print and export your trail logs to PDF
• Connect your runner trail to your dog trail and display them together
• Display the runner trail during the recording
• Virtual Trainer
You can work on a trail without a third man as a backup. Just load the runner trail into the app, start the VT-Corridor and the app will warn you like an virtual Backup, when your dog is loosing the trail within the given corridor. Your training becomes more efficient and you can work in two if necessary.
You can activate the Virtual Trainer in the settings.
• Layer: The person, who plans the trail and hides the runner.
• Backup: The person, coaching the team during the trail.
• Runner: The missing person.
1. Open the trail where you wish to input the missing data
2. Click on the three points in the top right corner and choose ‘edit’
3. Click on the weather symbol on the top right (sun)
4. The weather data will now be downloaded from the internet automatically
5. You can only download weather data 24 hours after the trail is finished. We recommend to load the weather data immediately after the trail.
1. Open the trail you want to print
2. On the top right corner choose the icon with the three points and click on ‘Export as…’
3. In the following dialog choose ‘PDF’
4. Wait until the export has finished
5. Now choose the App to open or print the created PDF file
GPX is a file format to record a trail data. It contains GPS coordinates together with the respective time stamp. GPX files are used to share and display tracks on an electronic map.
1. In the menu choose ‘Runner trails’ and open the trail you want to export
2. Click on the button ‘Export’
3. The best way to share a trail is via ‘Mail’ or ‘Dropbox’
1. Open a dog-trail and click on the menu (three points on the top right corner) and choose ‘Export as…’
2. In the following dialog choose ‘GPX’
3. Wait until the export has finished
4. Now choose the App to share the created GPX file
There are two methods:
1. Start the app where you have received the GPX-file (Email, Dropbox, etc.) and click on the file.
2. Select ‘The Mantrailing App’ to open the file.
If this method should not work use method 2.
1. Store the GPX file you have received via Mail, Dropbox, etc. on your internal memory
2. Open the app menu and open ‘Import GPX’
3. In the opening dialog select the local GPX file.
If the dialog doesn’t open, an additional app is required, that provides the functionallity to access the internal storgae. We recommend using ‘ES File Explorer File Manager‘.
1. In the ‘Trails’ Menu open the trail with which the runner shall be connected/displayed.
2. Below the map there is a blue dot. Click on that dot
3. Now select the runner trail you wish to display on the map
4. The two tracks (dog and runner) are now displayed on the map.