Help / FAQ ~ Android
1. In the ‘Trails’ Menu open the trail with which the runner shall be connected/displayed.
2. Below the map there is a blue dot. Click on that dot
3. Now select the runner trail you wish to display on the map
4. The two tracks (dog and runner) are now displayed on the map.
1. Open a dog-trail and click on the menu (three points on the top right corner) and choose ‘Export as…’
2. In the following dialog choose ‘GPX’
3. Wait until the export has finished
4. Now choose the App to share the created GPX file
1. In the menu choose ‘Runner trails’ and open the trail you want to export
2. Click on the button ‘Export’
3. The best way to share a trail is via ‘Mail’ or ‘Dropbox’
There are two methods:
1. Start the app where you have received the GPX-file (Email, Dropbox, etc.) and click on the file.
2. Select ‘The Mantrailing App’ to open the file.
If this method should not work use method 2.
1. Store the GPX file you have received via Mail, Dropbox, etc. on your internal memory
2. Open the app menu and open ‘Import GPX’
3. In the opening dialog select the local GPX file.
If the dialog doesn’t open, an additional app is required, that provides the functionallity to access the internal storgae. We recommend using ‘ES File Explorer File Manager‘.
1. Open the trail where you wish to input the missing data
2. Click on the three points in the top right corner and choose ‘edit’
3. Click on the weather symbol on the top right (sun)
4. The weather data will now be downloaded from the internet automatically
5. You can only download weather data 24 hours after the trail is finished. We recommend to load the weather data immediately after the trail.
1. Open the trail you want to print
2. On the top right corner choose the icon with the three points and click on ‘Export as…’
3. In the following dialog choose ‘PDF’
4. Wait until the export has finished
5. Now choose the App to open or print the created PDF file
We decided to provide the opportunity to connect a runner trail only once for reasons of clarity. Over time the list of runner trails would become too long.
In case you need the runner trail a second time, you can easily do that by exporting the runner trail to your internal storage and than import it again into the app as runner trail (see explanations above).
• Record up to 5 dog trails and save them with additional data
• Automatically load and save weather data
• Record, save and share runner trails
GPX is a file format to record a trail data. It contains GPS coordinates together with the respective time stamp. GPX files are used to share and display tracks on an electronic map.
• Layer: The person, who plans the trail and hides the runner.
• Backup: The person, coaching the team during the trail.
• Runner: The missing person.
You can work on a trail without a third man as a backup. Just load the runner trail into the app, start the VT-Corridor and the app will warn you like an virtual Backup, when your dog is loosing the trail within the given corridor. Your training becomes more efficient and you can work in two if necessary.
You can activate the Virtual Trainer in the settings.
• Export you trails to Mail, Dropbox, etc.
• Print and export your trail logs to PDF
• Connect your runner trail to your dog trail and display them together
• Display the runner trail during the recording
• Virtual Trainer