Can I use a GPS receiver to improve accuracy?
All external GPS receivers can be used as long as they are compatible with iOS. We tested the Garmin GLO™ 2* in conjunction with the app and were very satisfied with the result. Even indoors, we had a much better accuracy compared to using only the mobile phone. This receiver is an additional device that is connected to the mobile phone via Bluetooth and transmits location data. As the receiver is paired using Bluetooth, you will not be limited in the use of your phone. The Garmin GLO™ 2 can be purchased here.*
How can I connect the Garmin GLO™ 2 to the app?
- Turn on the receiver and wait until the LED flashes blue.
- On your phone, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Select ‘Garmin GLO 2’ from the device list.
- You’ re done! The receiver should now be shown as ‘Connected’.
- Once the green LED is solid green, the receiver has received a GPS fix and your iOS device will use the provided data.
All links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called affiliate links. We receive a commission from the online shop if you make a purchase via such link. The price does not change for you.